A movie that you’ve seen countless times: No explanation required (all of them.)
Tuesday, June 29, 2010
Monday, June 28, 2010
Sunday, June 27, 2010
The Most Surprising Plot Twist or Ending: Snatch
Alright just to start off Im so exhausted that I typed almost every word up until this point incorrectly, and I suspect that will continue to happen for the rest of the post. Excuse me. Back to business! Snatch! Quick quick quick movie- gotta pay attention. Loved everything about it. Have now seen it so many times that I can actually understand and remember ALL the words that Brad Pitts character plays. Oh yes- Bradley. I already harped on him in the past, so lets do a quick little rundown on my second favorite actor in this particular film: Vinnie Jones (Bullet-Toothed Tony)....
Look at this smug little penguin. Don't forget what he was originally known for however:
Busting Balls. If you were to youtube this man you would find a video of him being redcarded out of a game in (from what I remember.. too lazy to look it up) the first fifteen seconds. From the opening whistle. Could you BE a bigger badass, sir? Oh wait- yes you can:
HES THE JUGGERNAUT, BITCH.
And on that note- I'm going to go hide.
Friday, June 25, 2010
Favorite Made for TV Movie: The 10th Kingdom
I know I know. Technically this was more of a mini series than a movie, butttttt..... Also what the fuck Lynn? You hate fairy tales! I do! The only reasoning I loved this movie was due to that man. Eugh hotness. Sorry for the delay on this- I couldn't remember ANY other made for tv movie I have even WATCHED and I was hoping one of my blogs would have reminded me of something. Oh well... secrets out.
Monday, June 21, 2010
Favourite love story in a movie: The New World
I could watch this movie every day until I die. And I'm getting pretty close to doing just that. Its beautiful and heartwrenching and quiet and all the good things love stories should be. If you haven't seen it- its not for my lack of trying. Blame yourself.
Sunday, June 20, 2010
My dad is an awesome human being. No seriously, he is. I was trained in the school of The Dad, and thats where a large chunk of my own personal awesomeness came from. Other shit he taught me:
1. Beards are epic
2. There are gentlemen left in the world
3. You don't need the latest gadget to survive. Heck- you don't need any of them!
4. Doing things by hand is much more satisfying
5. You can build anything
6. James Bond is the epitome of cool
7. Its never too late to learn something
8. Books are better than tv
9. How to drive stickshift
10. How to cook A LOT
11. That after people mow the lawn, they will want a beer.
12. Gardening is totally worth it
13. Our lives will never be as wonderful as our cats lives
14. Politeness can get you a long way
15. Always carry change
16. Some books you will read over... and over.. and over again. And enjoy them every damn time
17. Showing up is a huge part of support
18. Projects and to-do lists are a great way to live your life
19. There is nothing funnier than slapstick comedy- scrubs and Monty Python
20. There really are better movies out there than the ones that rake in millions of dollars. Most of those are shit.
21. Doritos are dangerous.
22. Sometimes a movie, a meal, and a nap are all you really need to do to have fun
23. Rocks and wood are FRIGGEN AWESOME